Saturday, July 7, 2018

Day 29

Day 29
I slept late this morning and woke filling rested and recharged. I meet Marty for my ride to Wal Mart in La Crosse. I am not a wal mart guy matter of fact I love to ask, What is the pathway to hell paved with? Everyday low prices! Today I was glad to see the big box store. I bought a new tent because mine was in poor condition after the storm. I also bought myself a cooler for real food. I had been planning to add a cooler after we finished the portages and was happy to finally get one. I purchased a mountain of food, steak, stir fry meat, sliced ham, mayo, pickles, chips, drink mix, and a whole cooked chicken. When I returned to the car Marty announced we had to get back to the village as quickly as possible. I was alarmed and asked if there was a problem? He declared the village had discovered their idiot was missing and he needed to get back before a search was organized! Back at the hotel I ate most of the roasted chicken for lunch. I put the rest in the ridge and will make chicken salad with it before leaving town. I wanted to do laundry but discovered there was no detergent available. I talked to the house keeper and she gave me some detergent free of charge. I spent the rest of the day cleaning, packing and napping.

No comments:

Post a Comment