Monday, June 25, 2018

Day 21

We slept in till 8 because we only had 5 miles to paddle before we meet Rob who would take us past the falls and to our hotel. As we paddled towards the boat ramp we thought we might see some local fisherman getting ready for a day on the water. We could not have been more wrong! We pulled up to several hundred men in to-to's and running gear. We had landed smack in the middle of a gay pride 5K. We watched them set off on their run and soon Ken arrived. We laughed and joked at what a sight he had just missed. We took the boats down stream to a city kayak rack and locked them up. Ken then took us the hotel and we stashed our gear in closet while the rooms were being readied. We left the hotel headed to a local bar The Bulldog, we had been told had good beer and burgers. As we got closer more and more crazy dressed people were walking same direction as us. I don't have problem with anyone or a fun parade but turning the corner to the bar we were slap in the middle of the gay pride parade. Normally I would not be phased by this but after 21 days in the wilds this was a shock to my system. We quickly ducked in the bar and climbed into a back corner booth. We had a great lunch and local beers before heading back thru the craziness and to the hotel. I had grand plans of what I was going to do after my shower and pizza. My plans ended with me sound asleep after my pizza and laundry were finished, so much for updating the blog and shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment